If you have not already registered via the LSAMP website (that registration is now closed), and if you would like to attend the 11:30 - 1 PM session for this workshop, please RSVP here, by clicking green "I can attend" button.
Our speakers were winners of the NSF GRFP Fellowship (as graduate students), and now as educators, they have taken their winning method on the road. They have given workshops at Harvard, MIT, UMBC, Howard, the University of Puerto Rico, and other schools, and have collectively assisted students with earning millions of dollars in fellowship award money. Each NSF GRFP Fellowship is worth more than $100,000. Our speakers have helped to produce several winners. You can be one of them!
- This is a special session, concurrent with the LSAMP’s Math Institute. This session is open to all undergraduate students, and first and second-year graduate students.
- Session time: Part I: 11:30 – 1 PM – Applying for the Fellowship.
- Session time: Part II: 2:30 – 3:30 PM – Starting Your Application on Fastlane.
- Lunch with participants from the LSAMP Math Institute will be available to all who choose to stay for Part II.
- Dr. Frances Carter-Johnson, Data Scientist, National Science Foundation
- Dr. Patti Ordóñez, Associate Professor, Computer Science, University of Puerto Rico Rio Piedras (also, Researcher at FACEBOOK, and The MIT Center for Brains, Minds, + Machines)
- Dr. Lola Brown, Assistant Dean of Engineering, and Adjunct Assistant Professor of Biomedical Engineering, City College of New York (CCNY)
This event is off-campus.
The HOTEL AT ARUNDEL PRESERVE
7795 Arundel Mills Blvd, Hanover, MD 21076
To register for this event, please click on the following link and submit your information:
[UPDATE from 8/15: REGISTRATION via the Eventbrite site above closed on 8/14. If you would like to attend, please RSVP below by clicking the green "I can attend" button.]
For more information about this session: