The Summer Dissertation House @ UMBC, July 11-14, 2017. Graduate students who plan to participate should follow the application procedures on the application web page for the Dissertation House.
Open application period: Early Bird May 22 until June 2, 2017. Late registration June 3 – June 18, 2017 (Applications received during the early bird period will have priority)
(Please note that there are only 15 to 18 slots for this event, consider applying early)
Applications received after June 18, 2017, will be considered for the DH waiting list. More information about the Dissertation House: http://dissertationhouse.wordpress.com/about/
- The Dissertation House runs from 9 AM - 5 PM, for four days, Tuesday, July 11 through Friday, July 14.
- Students must plan to attend the full session, for each of the 4 days.
- The daily schedule includes 2 mini-lectures and 5 hours of writing per day.
- Breakfast, lunch, and a snack will be served daily.
- The Dissertation House is free for UMBC's graduate students.
- There are 15 to 18 spaces available for the Dissertation House.
- Details regarding eligibility can be found on the application page of the website for the Dissertation House.
- Subscribe to the website: https://dissertationhouse.wordpress.com/
Read about The Dissertation House in UMBC's Alumni Magazine: Byrne, R. (2011, Fall) “The Write Stuff,” UMBC Magazine. p. 12 and the research paper, "The Dissertation House Model: Doctoral Student Experiences Coping and Writing in a Shared Knowledge Community.," in a special issue of the journal, CBE-Life Sciences Education (LSE) devoted to "Broadening Participation in the Life Sciences." http://www.lifescied.org/content/15/3/ar34.full.pdf+html
Please login to MyUMBC, click "I can attend" below, *AND* follow the application procedures on the main website for the Dissertation House: http://dissertationhouse.wordpress.com/apply/